Monday, July 20, 2009

crazy good stuff


My #2 daughter entered her first tennis tournament this weekend and won the whole thing! It was so much fun to go back to tennis tournaments again. I used to spend every weekend with my older daughter, driving for hours to take her to tournaments and for the past year while she has been in college, my weekends have been free. While I enjoyed the free time and the cleaner house, I did miss the competition and getting to watch my child play a sport she loves.









It was really fun watching this first tournament and watching my daughter do so well. She has been playing tennis and taking lessons for only a few months. She took lessons when she was younger, but never really played like her older sister, so this was a really big win for her. I was so proud!



On the quilting front, I have been working as well. I have a lot of finished quilts to show, but that will be a later post.










These are the quilts I have quilted. These were done at the quilt day two weeks ago.










And look how cute this backing fabric is. All three of these quilts have this backing fabric. I got it several years ago for $1 a yard at WalMart on clearance. I couldn't figure out how to use it and am glad I had saved it.










You would think that as I work thorough these quilts and use up about 1 1/2 yards of backing fabric for each one, the pile of fabric would be going down, but I can't see a dent just yet.

No comments: