Saturday, May 16, 2009

science fair is over

Yipee! I have my life back.

To all of you who plan events. Thank you. I never appreciated how much work goes into planning, running, organizing and pulling off an event until I had to do it ALL BY MYSELF.

I have not slept much of this week, waking up in the middle of the night, or early in the morning and not getting back to sleep, thinking about everything that had to be done.

But, it is over.

And nobody died.

yet :)

Most mornings, when I look in the mirror, I think, "wow, you look intelligent." But, I guess that is not what some of my students think. One of my students must have thought I was the dumbest person on the planet. She copied her project straight off the internet. Didn't change a word. The kids don't realize that we have the internet too. Google is my best friend. I think we went to high school together. Especially when you use words you don't know the meaning to. That makes me suspicious.

I'm just so glad it is over. Now, I have more time for quilting. I have more quilt pictures, but that would require me to find my camera. That's not going to happen right now. Maybe tomorrow.

My stack of quilted and need to be bound quilts is getting huge! I had better work on binding them soon or I will lose my kitchen.

Oh, and I have baby chickens. I got quail eggs for my son's preschool class and they didn't hatch so I went to the local feed store and got baby chickens. His class loved them. Now I have 4 baby chickens in my kitchen. No, we are not going to eat them. We will keep them until they are too big and then find them a new home. They sure are cute.

We almost got baby ducks. They were cute too, but boy are those things messy. I had baby ducks when I was a kid. They were fun.

I'm tired, can you tell? I'm rambling.

No comments: