Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday little man


I can't believe that 5 years ago, right about now, I was starting labor. Yeah, it was only 1 1/2 hours long and my little guy came into this world. Worst labor ever! By the time we made it to the hospital, the nurses said, oh, walk around, take a shower, you have plenty of time. I said, I think I need to push. They checked me and yelled for a doctor to come in the room. Good thing I had called my doctor on the way to the hospital because he ran into the room just as the baby came out and just barely caught him.


How could 5 years go by so quickly? I can't seem to find my 'pause' button anywhere around here to slow things down. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes, but sometimes I get so caught up in the 'have to do' list that I miss out on the little things that I can never get back.


Take time today to slow down and enjoy your kids. They won't be little for very long.


My oldest finishes her first year of college on Friday. Where did that time go?

No comments: