Sunday, May 3, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together

who said that? If you are old enough to know...don't finish that sentence :)

So, Carla has volunteered to help me quilt these tops. My friend's mom is feeling guilty for not keeping up with me as I cut the quilt tops. I took a whole bunch of fabric to church today and got a bunch of people to take it home. I'm feeling guilty for not keeping up with my friend's mom. I think it is funny how I'm trying to coordinate everything and it is working out! That rarely happens.

I wrote a note to give to the ladies who took home the fabric that said, don't feel bad if you look at these fabrics and think, ew what was she thinking when she picked these colors to go together! It won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to put these colors together. My friend's mom who is doing the sewing sent back some of the strips and said, these do not go together. I had to laugh at her frankness. I'm glad she said something, because after seeing what she did, I had to agree.

I was not gifted with color selection as a talent. My 13 year old often helps me pick out the colors to put together when making my quilts and I am getting better, but I usually run all of the quilts by her before sending them out or sewing them together. Sometimes she is busy or not home and I just do the best I can with what I have to work with. I'm glad we were all given different talents to make this quilting ministry work so the kids can have really nice quilts to cuddle under. If it was just me, they would have warm quilts, but they might not look so pretty!

No comments: