Sunday, January 3, 2016

Some more motivation

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/article_ee58a6af-7e50-520d-b10d-e11ef81fb058.html

Click on the link to read the story
I love reading stories like this.  This retired Richmond, Ca police officer is now using his time to make quilts for kids.  When he was young, he lived in a home for boys and that experience shaped who he is now.  He is paying it forward with the hope that the children who receive his quilts will one day spread the love they receive to the next generation.  I would love to meet this guy!

My hope is that the quilts I make will help kids feel love and feel like someone cares for them as well.

2 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Awesome! This is very similar to me, I too pay it forward, I am grateful every day for my family, Having friends and a home.

Farm Quilter said...

That's why we make quilts, whether for a specific person, charity or just because, when we give it, we want the receiver to know that they are loved and cared for!!!