Sunday, January 17, 2016

having plans and keeping count makes for a better day

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 
Psalm 90:12

I find that the days I have plans, I get more accomplished.  Last year when my machine was broken for almost the whole year, my piles of quilt tops built up to the point I was almost buried under them.  I started to feel so overwhelmed by the amount of donated fabric and quilt tops that I thought I would never get out of the piles.  But, then I remembered when I had so many of the Super Sized 9 patch quilt tops that the middle school kids made (over 300 of them) and I thought I would never see the end of those.  I think I might have one or two of those left and now I'm afraid to finish them up, because they will all be gone.  They remind me of how much love the kids put into making them with their little hand embroidered heart on each one.

So, today, I started cleaning and organizing and counting.  Not a total count of how many I have, because that would scare me, but counting the quilts I've done this year and how many I can safely complete each week and make progress to dig myself out from under this pile.  My binding buddies had a year long break and are having a hard time keeping up with my quilting increase so I can't overwhelm them too much either.

OK, so I'm sitting here forever trying to figure out what the words on the quilt are supposed to say.  Can you figure it out?  I'll give you a minute.  


Got it?

DEBBIES DINER.  Yep, took me a while too.  The thing in the center is a teapot and it is surrounded by teacups.  I hope someone named Debbie gets it :)

I just found out that my friend Debbie donated it to me.  I probably should keep track of who gives me what, but I never was good at writing things down.

No comments: