Sunday, May 6, 2012

Might as well make two!

So what do you do when you need to make a bunch of quilts quickly?  Pull out the Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter, the 6 1/2 inch tumbler die and Go! to town!  My TA said she loved pink and I pulled a bunch of pink fabrics and started cutting.  Of course, I always cut more fabric than I need when I cut for a quilt.  Why not when it takes less than 10 minutes to cut out a quilt.  And it is so easy?  I'm not getting paid to advertise for Accuquilt, I just love their product that much!  I could never cut out the pieces for a quilt like this by hand or rotary cutter and trust me, I've tried before.  My pieces came out all different sizes and with the Go! cutter and die, the corners are cut off so the pieces line up perfectly when you sew and there are no dog ears to cut off later. 


She said she loved pink!


the back of the quilt for my TA.  I know she will love this!


Baby quilt for a co-worker who just became a grandma this week.
Since I had some leftover pieces left and my co-worker became a grandma, it seemed perfect to throw this little quilt together in about 2 hours with sewing and quilting and binding so I can gift it tomorrow.  I asked her how long it would take before she flew out to 'see the baby' (can you hear the Seinfield voice?) and she said she had a plane ticket for early June to spend two weeks.  Well, the baby was born on Wednesday night and by Friday she had bought new plane tickets to go out next weekend.  I knew she couldn't last when she had shown me 437 pictures of the baby!  And we are not bestest friends :)

Two quilts down, 4 more to go...but I keep adding to the list!  19 school days left!  Yikes.  Better get busy.  Now if only my migraine would go away.

No comments: