Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's go for a walk

I bought a pedometer yesterday.  Ok, truth be told, I bought another pedometer yesterday.  I think this is about my 5th pedometer.  I've tried walking before and made it about 3 days in a row before giving up.  Too many excuses.  I'm too tired.  It is too hot/cold/windy/sunny/rainy/(insert favorite weather term here).  I have given up more times than I can count.

But, I am thinking that with the increase in the nortryptiline and the side effect being an increase in weight, I might need to start walking more.  So, I bought a pedometer as a way to motivate myself to walk more.  I found myself getting out of my chair at work more so I could add a few more steps to my day.  I think it helped.  As of 5pm I have 5101 steps.  The pedometer says it is 2.41 miles.  Not sure that is exactly accurate, but I'll take it.  You are supposed to get 10,000 steps a day, or 5 miles.  I'm half way there.  And I didn't really try hard.  I should go for a walk.  But, with the way my head is feeling today, that isn't going to happen.  I think I need to walk in the morning.  But today I woke up with a bad headache :(

Does anyone know of a good, online, free step tracker?  I want to walk all the way across the US in a year.  That would be pretty cool.  A girl can dream right?

EDIT: I found a website: mapmyrun.com and it is connected to Facebook and you can keep track of your miles.  I'm going to try this one out.

I walked 3 miles today :)  Wow!  I impressed myself.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I posted information about some online trackers in this blog post:

http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/2012/04/healthy-favorites.html