Friday, May 11, 2012

Bloom where you are planted


Last night I went out to water the front yard because it has been HOT here lately (like in the 90's) and saw these cactus blooming.  They aren't even in a pot.  My neighbor gave them to me about 3 years ago and I set them right here, on top of this plastic lid, meaning to get a pot and plant them up right away.  Well, 3 years later, they are still sitting right here and they must like their location, or think they are going to die because they are blooming.

They remind me that I need to do more than just survive, I need to thrive no matter my situation.

My doctor has increased my medication and so far I haven't seen any relief from my month long migraine.  Yesterday was one of the worst days yet.  I did some research last night and everyone who is on the same medication raves about how great it is and what a wonder drug it is.  The only side effects are dry mouth and weight gain.  Most people say they will take that over the debilitating headaches.  But I also read it can take up to 3 months for it to work fully. 

There are also 100 different medicines for migraines and it is just a shot in the dark when the doctors start trying them on you.  I'm not sure I will live long enough to try them all :)

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh lovely cactus blooms....migraines; oh poor you. I know what you mean. I used to get them, but they have pretty well gone as I got older; hooray!! for getting old,eh...lol. I do get headaches when the weather is heavy,such as rain coming or wet snow....it is miserable....hope you feel better