Saturday, February 7, 2009

weekend plans

Yesterday was a waste. I had a terrible migraine that wiped me out. I don't have a doctor's appointent until March 7 because my doctor only works 2 days a week now. He is getting older and has started working part time in administration and less time as a physician. I just can't seem to make a switch to a different doctor because I just love this guy so much. He delivered all 4 of my kids and helped me through both of my miscarriages. He is the brother of my pastor and they look very much alike. My youngest son thinks they are the same person and is a little afraid that he will get a shot when we go to church :) The scariest thing is, if you close your eyes, you can't tell them apart. Their voices sound exactly the same.

I'm feeling much better this morning, although my head hurts a little. I think I will try to take it easy today because tomorrow is going to be a busy day. It is Binky Sunday as well as the day the missionaries from Kazakhstan are coming to the prayer meeting to talk about their missions trip and share their vision for the future.

Did I tell you that I ran into them at the airport when I took my daughter back to college? I was just walking along and I heard someone yell my name. I thought they must be calling someone else, but looked over, because I don't have a common name and here, sitting on the bench, was the missionary from Kazakhstan waiting to get her bags. Of all the places in the world at all the times in the day, she was sitting at the exact same spot I happened to be walking past. It was very cool.

No comments: