Tuesday, February 3, 2009

couldn't sleep last night

I woke up around 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Too many things to think about and my mind kep jumping from one to another. Nothing really important, lots of students to pray for and a new teacher who is having a really hard time. I hate feeling helpless, not knowing what to say or do to help out. I should have just gotten up and started my day, but instead, I lay there, hoping to go back to sleep. I probably fell asleep around 4 and the alarm went off at 5. Now, I'm tired.

Oh, how I'd love to stay home today and take a nap and do some quilting, but I stayed home on Friday to take my daughter to the airport and two of my students decided to try and kill each other in the middle of class. Knocked over tables and other students in the process. I've never had a fight break out in class when I was there. Sure, yelling and threatening, but never an actual fight. Either the kids are afraid of me, or they respect me. I'd like to think the second one is true. Most of my teacher friends have had kids actually fight in their classes.

Thankfully, one of the students jumped in the middle of the fight and broke it up and then all of the campus monitors came over and took the boys away. But it will be a while before I take another day off. So, I hope they like a tired and grumpy teacher today.

No comments: