Saturday, February 14, 2009

Holding pattern



Well, today is Valentine's day. Whooptie! Yeah, I actually like the day after better, because then all of the chocolate goes on sale for 1/2 price and I buy it all up and make myself sick eating it all. My husband and I never got into the whole spend all of your money on cards and expensive gifts on the commercialized day. If we need something, we buy it ourselves so I actually forgot that it was Valentine's Day until this morning. The kids had their school parties on Thursday because we were out of school yesterday. I made pancakes this morning to celebrate and you would think I was mother of the year for doing that :)




I had plans to get lots done this morning, but things are on hold right now. There are rain showers today, so I'm waiting for one to pass before taking daughter #2 for a tennis lesson. In the meantime I'm racing the clock to see how many quilts I can get bound. So far I have two done.

I also want to go watch my daughter's boyfriend's tennis team play in a match this afternoon, but not sure if that will happen with the rain. It isn't supposed to really start to rain until 3 or 4 and they play at 1, so not sure if they will cancel, postpone, or actually play. The other team is coming from about 2 hours away, so I have no idea how the whole college tennis stuff works. With the high school juniors, they would go down and sit for hours before cancelling a match. I would be gone all day without ever getting to watch my daughter play anything. I got a lot of knitting and crocheting done.

No comments: