Monday, June 30, 2008

yesterday's final quilt top and today's plan






Ok, so here is the final quilt top from last night. Just had to get it done because you never know what a day will bring.





This morning, I woke up and decided that today was cleaning day. When I looked at the kitchen table...







(Before and after shots and then the after/after shot of after I made the crumb quilt blocks. Yeah, looks like I'm back to where I started...sigh...)
Sewing room floor...

and saw the mess I had made over the weekend (ok so the past 3 weeks) I decided that it was time to put things back and start from scratch.




This is the chair with all that's left of 76 bolts of fabric. Yeah, not bad for a weekend worth of cutting! Go me!

Well, those of you who know me, know that I am easily distracted.





I was able to take the pile from the sewing room floor and put things away, but saw the box of strips and bits of fabric and decided that I needed to make a crumb quilt. If you have never made a crumb quilt, you are missing a lot of fun. A crumb quilt is basically where you take your leftover bits of fabric and just sew them together randomly to each other until you have blocks big enough. My blocks will be 12 1/2 inches because I have a ruler that is that big. I decided to make 20 blocks today. I got 6 of them big enough to square up and the other 14 are almost done. Of course, I had to stop to take the girls to the doctor for their physicals (everything is good) and then treat everyone to ice cream because Emily had to have shots. Shots are very traumatic and deserve ice cream for everyone, especially mother!



These are some of the crumb blocks that are waiting to be squared up. I need to press them and the put my 12 1/2 inch ruler on top and cut them. I think I will put plain blocks with these and make 2 quilts out of this. But that is tomorrow's project.



One more thing. Remember that naked troll fabric? Well, here it is. I pulled it out to take a picture to show you all and Ariel says, "Hey, this is really cool Troll fabric! I want to make a purse out of it!" And I asked who wants naked troll fabric? I suggested maybe a pillowcase so nobody could see it...

No comments: