Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm back
























Ok, so the whole blogging thing is new and exciting and I have time in the summer so expect a lot of posts. I just hope that the blog doesn't meet the same fate as my childhood diary. Here's a sample of my diary from when I was 12. Dear Diary, how are you? I am fine. Three months later, the next entry reads...Dear Diary, Sorry I haven't written in a while. I have been busy. How have you been? Yeah, life gets like that sometimes. The really sad thing is, the diary had a lock on it.

So, today's project was to work on a couple of quilts and get them quilted. My goal is to get the pile of tops turned into a pile of quilts. I think there are about 40 quilt tops waiting to be quilted. If I can do 2 a day, that's 3 weeks worth of work. I really should count these guys, but for some reason I have a hard time with numbers. Like when my husband talks about our finances. As soon as he starts talking numbers, my brain just shuts off and I stare blankly at him. I'm not sure if he notices or not, but surely after 20 years of marriage, he must have made the connection. I just can't seem to keep track of numbers of things. I wonder if there is a medical condition associated with that. Maybe I will look that up on the internet and try to get disability for it. Of course, I would get distracted and find three more quilt patterns in the process and then forget what I was looking for in the first place and find myself sewing, so why bother starting in the first place.

Here is the first quilt of the day. I found the scrappy patches and had to add a border to it. I have no idea where the inside part came from and it is a bit wonky (crooked for you non-quilters out there) and I thought that if I added a border, not only would it make it bigger, it would straighten it out. Well, adding a border does not straighten things out, but does make them bigger. So, there are some crooked places in it. Good thing it isn't getting entered in any quilt show. I chose to do this one because I had a perfectly good backing fabric already pinned to the quilting machine that was just a little too small for a different quilt and so had to find a top that was just the right size to fit it. I was too lazy to unpin the backing and pin another one. That would have taken a whole 5 minutes, whereas looking for the perfect top only took and hour. Don't you see where my ADD brain makes perfect sense of the imperfect world around me?

Here is the pile of quilts I have quilted, waiting for bindings and here are pictures of each one. I may or may not post a picture of each one as I put the binding on. Sometimes I forget to take pictures.



1 comment:

Kathie said...

Very nice quilts.
Blessings from Costa Rica