Sunday, June 29, 2008

The best laid plans...

Well, yesterday I had plans to finish the Not so Top Secret Quilt, but I had a stuffy head. My ears plug up sometimes for an unknown reason. Maybe I have allergies. I blame it on the changing weather and a change in the pressure. My ears plug up and my nose plugs up and I can't hear and I lose my balance. So, I decided to take some Sudafed to release the pressure in my head. Bad idea. I was on the couch from about noon until I went to bed around 9pm. I was so dizzy and nauseous that I could barely get up to make dinner. The quilt had to wait until today. I did manage to make 4 more preemie baby dolls while sitting on the couch and took a nap and watched Wimbledon and National Treasure 2, but that was not my plan for the day.

My stuffy head is back today, but I'm not going to take anything. I don't know why this happens to me. It comes and goes without warning. There is a low pressure system moving through so maybe that is it. The wind is blowing out there.

I am going to finish that quilt top today and maybe work on several other Quilts of Valor quilt tops today. The Not so Secret one is taking way longer than any other quilt top I've ever done in my life! It is made of 2 1/2 inch squares and 4 1/2 inch squares. Lots of them. I just know the finished product will be great. There are a zillion and one corners to match too. I'm not very good at matching corners, so this quilt gives me a lot of practice. I'm happy to be learning something new. New is good right? If you keep doing the same old thing over and over where is the fun in that?

Here is a link to the pattern for the Not so Top Secret Quilt if anyone else wants to give it a try. I have a second one already cut out so I guess I'm comitted to making at least one more. I also have enough of the cream colored fabric for a third one and enough of the smaller blue for a third, but have to cut more of the bigger strips for a third one. We will see if I can do a third one.
http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/Not%20so%20Top%20Secret%20Project

No comments: