Tuesday, June 24, 2008

new machine?

Well, I am beginning to think it is time for a new quilting machine. I know, be thankful for what I have and I am, but this little Kenmore is giving me more troubles. The thread keeps breaking and then bunching up underneath the quilt after I re-thread it. I know, it's because a home sewing machine isn't made to sew 3 quilts a day. Well, I expect it to do more than its job around here to earn its keep!

So, I'm looking into my options. Of course, I can't afford any of them now, so I'm praying for one to just show up at my doorstep. The Bible says that with faith, we can do all things: He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."Matthew 17:19-21 If I can move a mountain with my faith, surely, I can request a new quilting machine if it is the Lord's will that I get these quilts made for the kids in Kazakhstan.
The three brands I've looked at are the Brother, Juki and Janome. They all run around $800 and have a 9 inch throat area for quilting. My machine now has about 6 inches so that means more room for making bigger designs.


In the meantime, I have to take more frequent breaks in my quilting, stopping half way through the quilt to let the Kenmore rest and cool down. That seems to help with the thread breaking troubles at least a little bit.


Here's what I got done last night and this morning.

No comments: