Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh, George, you would be proud!







Well, it is a sad day, but the tree had to go. I had hopes the one day, it would produce cherries. After all, it was a cherry tree. But, alas, no cherries will come from this tree. I think the rains got it last winter. It had a giant split all the way up the trunk and was dying. Poor tree. It only took about 5 minutes with the chain saw and it was out. Did you know that dead wood is harder to cut than fresh wood? See, I learned something new today. I wish I had the chain saw last Christmas when we cut our Christmas tree. They gave us a rubber saw and it took us about an hour to cut down a 6 inch trunk. Next time, I'm bringing the chain saw and a 1,000 foot extention cord. Sure, people will look at me funny, but I will be out of there in 5 minutes. Or, maybe that is the point. You are supposed to spend an hour with your family, making memories.








My husband thinks we are supposed to dig up the roots. Anybody have an electric root digger?



I can't get rid of the double picture! Agh.


After cutting down the tree, I cut another 5 quilt kits. I figured that while I had the fabric out, I might as well cut it up. It's easier than putting it away. I'm hoping to give this to the pastor's wife at church to sew.

Today's plan is to cut out a Not So Secret Top Pattern and get started sewing it. You can find the pattern here on Alycia's blog. I'm making this for the Quilts of Valor program. It is for our wounded troops who are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/Not%20so%20Top%20Secret%20Project




1 comment:

Kathie said...

Sorry about the tree. Love the quilt.
Blessings from Costa Rica