Sunday, January 16, 2011

Northbay Honor Band


My son played 1st Trombone today in the Northbay Honor Band. You can see him there, in the middle of the picture. Wow, they were really good! In a month, he goes to the State honor band and plays 2nd trombone. In the WHOLE STATE! Wow. His whole life is music. He has songs in his head all the time. For Christmas we got him a music composition program for the computer and he is always writing music. I'm not sure what he is going to be when he grows up, but I'm sure that music will be involved somehow.
Today I was thinking about when I was in Jr. High. I played in a band like this. I was terrible. I played clarinet. Most of the time I just faked it. When I did play lots of squeaks and squalks came out. One time they had me play the drums. Why, I'm not sure. I was really nervous. I hit the bass drum too hard and it came off the stand and fell over and made a really loud sound. I thought I was going to die! I didn't, but I don't play the clarinet or the drums. I guess I passed along some of my musical talents to my son. I'm glad he only got the good musical parts and not the really bad stuff.

No comments: