Friday, January 14, 2011

MLK jr, political correctness and a 6 year old

So, my son comes home today after learning all there is to know about civil rights and reads his little book he made in school. The book is about Martin Luther King Jr and the civil rights movement. In the book it talked about the movement to get rid of the White's Only signs on drinking fountains and buses.

He says to me, Mom, our whole family could ride in the front of the bus, but not Ariel (his oldest sister) because she is brown. She would have to ride in the back of the bus.

It was all I could do to keep a straight face. I'm sure she would be happy to know her hours of tanning this summer were noticed by her 6 year old brother. :)

2 comments:

KQ Sue said...

That is so funny! Out of the mouths of babes!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!
I LOVE the view of kids!!!