Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I can't believe

Finished size 60x72
I haven't shown you this finished quilt yet!



My daughter and I made this for her boyfriend's mother for Christmas. We just shipped it out yesterday. His mother lives in Florida. I LOVE this quilt. I really shoudl make one for myself, but probably never will. I have too many ideas floating around in my head to make something for myself :)

The pieces were all cut on my AccuQuilt Go! cutter using the 6 1/2 inch half square triangle in about 30 minutes. The top was sewn together in a couple of hours after taking FOREVER to lay out. I can't tell you how many different designs you can make using the half square triangles because we tried about 30 different ones including a robot and alien bugs and finally decided on this one :) Plus if you have lots of colors or only a couple of colors you can make lots or fewer things.

Too much fun!

3 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I bet she loved it as well! I have too many ideas too. Makes it hard to sleep at night.

Carla said...

I love how you finished it with the borders and corners. Very nice!

You GO! girl!!!

Alycia said...

That is beatiful! What size did it finish at?