Sunday, January 16, 2011

The best thing I ever made


My design wall. I'm telling you. If you don't have one, you really must figure out a spot in your house to make one. It can be simple or complex, but having this design wall has really improved my quilting ten thousand percent. Not only am I much more ambitious in my quilt designing, but I'm getting a lot more compliments from my family. I will put a quilt up here and my hubby will walk by and say, that's a nice design. Before, he wouldn't even notice I was sewing. Seriously people!
He just figured out that I have a blog. After 2 1/2 years :) I love that man, but he isn't very observant sometimes. So, to have this design wall hanging in the quilting room where I can work on a quilt has really been a plus. I can pin the blocks up and get them put together so much more quickly.
Now, this quilt isn't a real beauty, but it will serve its intended purpose and that is to keep someone warm. It is made with the Buttonberry Stashbuster's quilt pattern you can find on the sidebar here to the right side. I've probably made 300 quilts using this pattern. Super quick and easy and with borders this one comes out 60 by 72 inches. Great for an adult, which is what I'm aiming for this year and perfect for my quilting machine.

No comments: