Saturday, January 15, 2011

Forgiving myself and moving on

I just threw away a whole bucket of yarn. I'm having a hard time with this because some of it was special yarn I had purchased for scarves for my daughter. Some was expensive. I had put it in the garage in a bucket without a lid. The mice had gotten into the bucket and ruined the yarn. I can't wash it because it is wool and washing it will just felt it.

I need to just forgive myself and move on and not dwell on the fact that I messed up. I need to clean up the mess, not make the same mistake again and use up what I have that is still good out in the many buckets out there. Nobody died (except the many mice that are out in the garage!) and a lesson was learned. That is worth the price of the yarn.

Now, back to work. I'm trying to clean and organize and make a list of projects that need completing this weekend. I have Monday off (yay!) and finals to grade and quilts to make. The house is still quiet. My two middle kids are off this morning, one to a tennis lesson and one to an honor band practice. The little one is still asleep. He loves to stay up late on the weekends and sleep in late on weekend mornings. I have no idea how he can do that! He takes after his daddy for sure.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I am sorry about your yarn....yep...gotta let it go...ain't easy...but gotta...