Friday, March 13, 2009

wow


This has been one of the worst weeks for me. I was backstabbed by a co-worker and have had a terrible time getting over the pain of betrayal. I am just now able to talk about it without crying so I know that I am starting to heal. I won't share details, but pray for me to be able to forgive this lady and be able to go on working with her.

http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/
I came across this website today and all I can think of is wow. Could I ever get this good at quilting? I highly doubt it. But, would I ever want to put that much time into learning how to get this good, even if I had the talent? This must have taken years to perfect, and boy is is beautiful! I'm happy that my quilted flowers actually look like flowers and my leaves don't look like marajuana any more :)

This lady lives about 1 hour from me and says she teaches classes. Maybe I could take one this summer and learn a couple things to improve my quilting. I love learning new things and expanding my skills even if I could never get as good as the teacher. I drove an hour each way for a month to take a machine knitting class a couple of years ago. It was so much fun to get together with other ladies and learn how to use my knitting machine. Then, after the class, I put the machine away and haven't used it since. I wonder if I remember anything I had learned. Maybe this summer I will get that out and work on things again. I really love how quickly you can make a baby sweater, hat and booties on it. I don't like sewing up the seams though. Oh, well, can't have everything I guess. And I do have a lot of yarn to go through too.

I did manage to get one quilt quilted this week, in the mornings before school and I will post a picture tomorrow. The weather has just been so nice here and I have also been working in the garden getting it ready for planting tomorrow.

No comments: