Wednesday, March 4, 2009

week beginnings

Or is that Weak beginnings. I've noticed over the last few weeks that I don't post during the first few days of the week. Is that because I'm so drained from the weekend? Or is it because the first few days of the school week are so stressful and trying that I just don't have the energy to get things done that anyone would find interesting? I think it might be a combination of both.

On Mondays especially I find myself sitting at the computer after school reading what everyone else got accomplished over the weekend and then just sitting. Not wanting to get up to make dinner. Not wanting to get up to tackle sewing or crafting. Just listening to the kids play with their endless energy. Just sitting.

I tell you, 140 kids takes it out of me. If I'm this tired at my age, what will it be like when I am 60? And with the stock market going the way it is, will I be able to retire at 60? I can't imagine teaching at 70. I will be such a crabby old lady!

No comments: