Sunday, March 22, 2009

stupid, expensive mistake


I finished planting my garden today and put out snail bait because I know there are lots of snails out there waiting to eat everything I just put out. I didn't think about it, but this time around, I have two little dogs. I wasn't paying attention to them after putting the snail bait out and the younger of the two got into the snail bait that I had just put out and ate some. She started shaking and panting and I had to rush her to the emergency vet. Of course, on a Sunday evening, traffic was crazy and what should have taken 20 minutes took almost an hour. Poor little girl. It is going to cost $942 for my stupidity!


I'm glad the older of the two little dogs is a little smarter and didn't get into the snail bait as well. My big dog has never shown an interest in the stuff, so I didn't even think that it would be a problem, but this little girl gets into everything, so I should have thought more about it and kept her inside and away from the garden.


She is at the vet still, I have to pick her up in the morning. The vet said it looked like she didn't get too much of the poison.


I certainly learned a life lesson today.

1 comment:

Alycia said...

Ouch! I hope she is feeling better soon.