Saturday, March 14, 2009

trying new things with quilting

front
back


So, I am trying new quilting things today and not feeling too, too successful. This first one is supposed to be wonky feathers. Sorry Dawn Ramirez. They really don't look like feathers, more like wonky flowers. Dawn is the author and star of the Pajama Quilter Reloaded DVD and workbook that I have been studying. I would give myself a D. But, I won't give up, so I give myself an A for effort. The problem with being a teacher is I am always judging myself because it is part of my job to judge. I wish I could take off my teacher hat on the weekends and just learn to let go. I will one day. But today, I earned a D. At least a D is passing and I am not going to rip this out. I have no idea why I used black on the bobbin thread for this quilt, but you can see the stitches really well.


The other quilt I did loops and hearts. I like this one. It was really fast and 99% of the hearts look like hearts. The one heart that looks like a blob isn't that noticible. Now that I've told you there is a blob there, I dare you to find it. Go ahead. If you have nothing better to do, or if you have dishes that need washing. I do that all the time and hope the dish fairy comes. She never does.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on being brave enough to 'try' feathers - I haven't got that far yet!! They look pretty good for a first attempt :)