Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Christmas project

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/HumbleNativity.pdf
Here is a Nativity wall hanging that I'm going to try as well.

Yesterday I cut out a whole bunch of the Santa pieces and hope to get some time tonight to start stitching. I have no idea why I cut out more than one of a project before trying it out, but when I get some fabric out and start cutting I just can't seem to stop. I start thinking of all the people I want to make them for and just keep going until it gets to be bedtime and then run out of time for working on the actual project.

The Nativity set requires some applique, which I've never done before, so I think I will start with just a couple of them (my youngest son's teachers would love this one I think) and I will change the border because that is a lot of friendship stars which will require a lot of little triangles which I also am not good at sewing. I'm thinking one star in the corner would be nice and then a blue border around to show night time. Dark blue. Yesterday when I went digging for the Santa fabrics, I had a hard time finding any blue or red fabric in my stash. I have a ton of greens, but have used up most of my blues and reds for the Quilts of Valor quilts I'm working on. I guess I know what I need to be on the lookout for when I hit the sales :)

No comments: