Friday, December 5, 2008

big hug


Today I finally took in the blankets from the last Binky Patrol meeting waaaaay back in October. I have been loading and unloading them from my car for almost 2 months. Next Sunday is the next meeting and I knew I had to get them over to the hospital before then. When the kids and I walked in today, the ladies looked at me like they had seen a ghost! They said they had just been talking about me and here I showed up. One of the ladies was wondering if they should give me a call because they have a Holiday party coming up and wanted to give blankets to the mothers and babies and they were out of blankets. Here I show up, just in the nick of time. Now, how did I hear them from 20 miles away? I knew I would get those blankets over there just when they needed them the most.

I hope to collect another 20 or more at the next meeting. The December meeting is usually the least productive, but watch out for February. That one is the most productive. Everyone who missed the December meeting shows up in February with extra blankets. But it always works out perfectly.

As we were leaving, one of the ladies told me to wait. The new director wanted to thank me. She came out and gave me a great big hug! I've never met her before and she wanted to just say thanks for all of the quilts and baby afghans that we have donated over the almost 5 years our Binky Patrol chapter has been going. There are days when I wonder if I will have the energy to keep doing this and then there are days like today, when a big hug sends me home to work on more blankets!

Oh, and yesterday the 2nd foot that I ordered came in the mail and this one actually fits the machine. I'm back in the quilting business. I finished up the quilt that has been patiently waiting and now this weekend I have plans to finish up the quilt for my daughter's cross country coach and get some more quilts on that machine and test out the new foot. If it is going to break, I want it to break quickly so I can get my money back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the gifts you don't plan on from helping others. They do feel good.

Thank you for all that you do for Binky Patrol and the children in your area!

Big hugs!
Susan Finch, Founder
Binky Patrol.org