Friday, August 14, 2015

practicing taking pictures

 I'm trying to find places around my house that would be good backgrounds for taking pictures of the things I make.  I want to make my pictures look better.
 I often don't see things in the background until after I've taken the picture.  Like the yellow hose and the dirt and bird poop.
 I don't want you to focus on that.  I want you to focus on these cute monkey zipper pouches.  The one on the left was made with recycled jeans.  I have an obsession with recycling jeans lately (the last couple of weeks) and this monkey pattern just screamed for me to try it with the jeans.  The ears were hard to turn because they were so thick.
 This guy was made from some velour.  I have a whole huge box of it and I almost gave it away.  It is perfect for these monkeys.
 Now to find things to put in them.  They could hold change in the car, because that always gets everywhere in my car.  You know, the drive through at McDonald's when they just throw the money at you and expect you to drive NOW so they can help the next person?  well, how about hanging one of these guys and tossing those coins in his mouth to deal with later?
 I was thinking of making one for me to take to school to keep my USB's in.  I'm forever laying them down and then I can't find them.  I have about 5 of them because I can never find them when I need them.  These monkeys are big enough and cute enough that I surely won't lose them.  Well, maybe if I make them in bright colors, they will stick out in the mess on my desk!

Got a kid going to a birthday party, but don't have time to shop for a gift?  This guy would hold some money or a gift card and there's no need to wrap it!

Yep, you guessed it, once I get a dozen or so, they will be going to the Layers of Hope Etsy shop for sale.  Gotta get some postage money to send out more quilts for our unsung heroes.

2 comments:

KaHolly said...

They are adorable. Taking pics is the difficult part for me, too. Some people just have a knack for composing the cutest pics of their work!

Quiltingranny said...

They are adorable!