Friday, August 7, 2015

Fish Hat

I ordered the pattern here for this crochet fish hat and it took me about 3 hours to make.  Not bad considering I was watching TV.  It's a pretty easy pattern to do if you know how to crochet and I didn't have to pay too much attention while making it.
 It came out bigger than I had thought it would from the picture on the etsy site.  I thought it was going to be for a baby or small child, but as you can see, it fits my big head!
 It never gets cold enough here in Northern California to wear hats, but if it did, I would totally wear a hat like this.  I'm weird enough to go out in public wearing shirts that say, "It's ok to be ugly, but you're overdoing it."
So, I'm sending this one to my friend who has an etsy shop with the hope she can sell it to raise money for Layers of Hope, Quilting 911.  It's an organization whose mission is to support 911 operators in times of crisis through the warmth of a quilt.

No comments: