Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hard work

 The back yard neighbor has been bugging us to get the fence fixed.  It really wasn't bad, so maybe he is moving?  But they say good fences make good neighbors so this was the week to get it fixed.  Out with the old and in with the new!  The tennis fence kept the dogs apart while they fixed the wooden fence.
 This huge quilt was quilted on Saturday.  My friend at work asked me to quilt a quilt for her.  She offered to buy the quilt design and I had to try it on a quilt before quilting her quilt.  So, I tried out the design on the big one with no troubles.  Then, I loaded her quilt and man did I have problems. The quilt was fine for the first half and then it skipped stitches.  I cleaned it, I sanded the tracks, I adjusted the weight on the tracks, I fiddled with it for about 4 hours and ripped out stitches and finally changed the needle.  Why is it always the last thing you think to try that fixes the problem?  Well, mostly fixed.  Still skipped a few stitches, but was definitely better.  I'm going to have to have to get the spring that is supposed to fix the problem for good.

I've been working hard this weekend grading as well.  5 classes of lab books.  Multiple labs in 3 of the classes.  Lots of papers still to grade, never enough time to grade.  I wish there were 5 days in the weekend and 2 days of the work week.  When is the next vacation? :)

No comments: