Saturday, September 21, 2013

College weekend

 out the window of the dorm room
 the top bunk
 the desk
 room mate's side of the room
 from the doorway
 the sink area
 the towel area--the toilet is behind the door, the shower is to the left of this picture.  Six girls share the suite
 the shower area
 the closet, each girl gets a closet, desk, and bed, there are two dressers for 3 girls.  Doesn't make much sense?
 While in So. Cal, we did a drive by of my old house.  So much has changed.  The flowers are all gone, the front used to have a rose garden and flowers all around the house and yard.  Now, just grass and a couple bushes.

 We drove by, real slow.  Kind of sad to think you can never go home again.  So much has changed.  It isn't the same house.

 I met my brother's family for dinner at our favorite Chinese food place.  When we were kids we at there once  a week.


 They even give you special hats.  Some people think they are napkins, but my son knew right away these are hats :)  Silly people!
 When we were kids, we always made fun of the Moo Goo Gai Pan.  Tonight we finally tried it and it was yummy.
 One of my brother's kids.  This could be my brother's clone!
 We asked the waiter to take our picture.  He asked why we hadn't been back in 20 years.  Said the business was going to close because we weren't coming back every week.  (not that he remembered us, everyone sat at that back booth and had stories to tell--pork fried rice, chicken chow mein, pineapple chicken, sweet and sour pork and won ton soup were the 'regular' items we ordered every week)  My brother wondered if they would remember our order from 20 years ago.
 My little guy ate a few too many fried won tons.
 The place is exactly the same as I remember it.
 Except now it has a take out restaurant right next door.
 Then, I had to take my daughter back to college and LEAVE her.  All alone, in the dark, with strangers.  I hope she will be ok.
Actually, I know she will be ok.  She will be better than ok, she will be great!  I'm the one who will have problems.  I only have boys at home now.  I think I will see if I can find a couple of girls to take home with me.  I'm sure there are some girl children, dogs, cats or fish who need a new home!  My house is going to be mighty stinky with only boys around!

1 comment:

Quiltingranny said...

My hubby every now and then will pull up the latest sat pic of our old home...why? I have no reason to go back or want to see it as you say we can not go back!
Your daughter will do great!