Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quilting Angels

http://blog.geneblack.com/2012/09/calling-all-angels.html

If you have an extra quilt or 10 sitting around and are wondering what to do with them, maybe you can send them to Gene's cause.  They are hoping to collect enough quilts to pass out at Christmas.  Last year they needed 16.  That seems like such a small number to me.

When we collected quilts for Japan, we sent 1144.  It seems so long ago, but only yesterday when my front living room was filled to the ceiling with boxes of quilts.  It was so exciting every day coming home to boxes and boxes of quilts.  I definitely had my mojo going back then because I was quilting 10 quilts a day.  Now I'm happy to get one done every couple of days.  Energy...where are you?

But, I will be sending along a couple of quilts.  Gene is asking they be teenager size and colors.  Neutrals if possible, but more boy than girl quilts will be needed.  Wouldn't it be great if the kids got to pick out their favorite from a large selection?  I'm sure no quilt will go to waste.

No comments: