Saturday, February 13, 2016

towards the challenge

 I have four quilts towards my goal of 10 this weekend.  I got a little distracted because I decided to open an Etsy shop to raise some money for some of the charities I support.  I've been making and donating lots of things to these charities over the years, and figured that maybe I could sell some items to offset the cost of all of the supplies.  Most of the fabric I use for the quilts has been donated, but if I buy fabric for just one quilt it costs about $50.
 One roll of batting, on sale is about $60.  That's for 50 yards and will make about 30 quilts, depending on the size of the quilts.  I'm not saying I'm going broke making and donating all of these things, but having a little extra to spend would mean I could do even more.
If you want to take a look at some of the crazy things I have for sale (don't laugh at me dad) click on my North Hills Quilter Etsy Shop.  I'm hoping to add lots more items as the weeks go on and hoping they sell quickly.  The more I sell, the move I can give.

No comments: