Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Halloween in February?


Who says you have to keep your holidays in the right month?  When you have the right color backing fabric on the machine, you go with the theme.  I love these black cats among the pumpkins and I'm sure some child will too.  The backing fabric is a gorgeous orange flannel.

I bet there is someone out there who loves Halloween and would pick this quilt out of a stack.  When my brother was little, everyone had a favorite color.  Since everyone in the family had picked the common favorite colors, red, blue, green, yellow, the only color left that had pieces in a game was orange.  So, my sister and I told my brother his favorite color was orange.  He didn't get a pick, we chose for him.  I'm not sure if he ever wanted to change to a different one, but he's a pretty easy going guy and was happy enough taking the orange piece in the game every time.

I don't know why we wouldn't let him share a favorite color.  It's not like I am the only person in the world who loves red.

No comments: