Tuesday, May 21, 2013

using my blog as a medical log

My doctor is putting me back on prednisone to try and break the rebound headaches and I looked through my bottles of pills and found my last bottle of prednisone pills with 4 left.  That let me know there must have been some reason I didn't finish off the course.  Why?  Well, I went back to the blog to see if I had written anything about the side effects or to see if it actually worked.  I do love having the blog for myself to keep track of my life, my medical issues, my family happenings, of course, my quilts and having kept it up for so long, it is nice to be able to go back and see how things have changed over time.

Nope, there wasn't anything about having to stop taking the prednisone early, but then I remembered that I had written to my doctor so I checked my emails on the Kaiser website and sure enough, I was having some pretty bad depression and he recommended stopping early.

Well, today I started taking the prednisone and am hoping the benefits outweigh the risks.  Knowing that I could get down in the dumps, at least I know what to look out for.  I have some pretty exciting things happening these next couple of weeks, so hopfully, the good outweighs the bad and I'll be able to stick with the full treatment this time and break the rebound cycle of headaches and get off the quick fix medicines and my preventative migraine medicines will start working.  This every day headache just isn't doing it for me.  I've got things to do!

No comments: