Monday, May 27, 2013

They're all starting to look the same

4 more quilts for the weekend, not bad for not having quilted much in such a long time.  I love having a long piece of backing fabric loaded on the machine and then I can just throw one top after another on and quilt away.  Each top takes maybe 10 minutes to quilt.  At this rate, I will whip through the 200 tops before June is over.  So long as I can keep this up.  Maybe having a forever migraine is a good thing :)  I'm trying to look on the bright side.

This morning my daughter and I went to the Goodwill's 50% off sale and I got three new tops and a pair of jeans that actually fit!  I am tall so it is hard to find jeans in my size that are long.  I didn't even look at the t shirts this time, but did pick out three really cute tops that will be great for dressing up a little bit.  I found that when I had to go to my daughter's scholarship dinners, all I had was casual clothes.  Not the best way to make a good impression.  The last couple of weeks I've been picking up some new dressy pants and shirts so I'm ready for the next fancy dinner or party.  Not that I ever go to those things, but just in case.  Or, in case I win the lottery and have to be on TV.  One must always be ready you know :)

No comments: