Sunday, May 26, 2013

Even I need a little inspiration

http://www.project12quilts.com/p/free-quilt-patterns-and-tutorials.html

I just did a google search for Charity quilts and came up with this blog and quilt instruction page for lots of super easy quilt patterns.  I know I'm supposed to be working through my quilt books, but some days, just a little nudge and inspiration are in order to get the creative juices flowing.  Just looking at all of the great quilt patterns and designs that are out there are enough to get me back in the sewing room and making something new.  I'm still working on my daughter's college quilt and I think all I need to do is press all of the blocks and lay it out.  Then, I can sew it together and have the top done.  The tediousness of sewing all of the pieces together gets overwhelming sometimes and it is nice to take a mental break every once in a while.  It will be worth it in the end, as long as I can keep pushing through.  Isn't that why we have so may UFO's?  We get stuck somewhere along the process and distracted by the next project and the current one gets put on the shelf.  I have quite a few of those projects, patiently waiting for me to come back to them.  This summer.  I keep promising myself.  The summer of finishing.

Yeah, sure.

But, if you need to procrastinate, or not, take a minute to check out the great patterns and tutorials that are linked and maybe find your inspiration and start yet another project that you really don't have time for.

Maybe, it is just what the doctor ordered!  Surely it can't make things worse :)

No comments: