Friday, August 24, 2012

Vacation

That's where I'd like to be, but instead, how about a quilt that reminds you of the tropics?  For now, that will just have to do!  This is my 2nd quilt towards my new goal of 100 more before the year is over.  I must get more done on the weekends, because I'm beat by the end of the school day.  At least my new migraine medicine seems to be working.  I find that if I don't take it at exactly 12 hour intervals, my migraine comes back.  So, whatever it is doing, works for 12 hours at a time.  I know just enough about brain chemistry to think that it is blocking my overactive neurotransmitters and keep my nerves from uptaking the ones that say "PAIN"  Once the medicine wears off, the signal is sent again and the pain is back.  At least that's my theory.

Oh, and my new dishwasher leaks!  The last two times I have run it, it has flooded my kitchen floor with a nice big puddle that covers the entire floor :(  Guess I have to hand wash dishes for a while until I can get someone to fix it.  Bummer.

1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

Hope your dishwasher gets fixed fast.
Have a good school year. I"m retired (for one year) from 31 years in kindergarten. I now teach 4 year olds 2 days a week at church preschool. Best of both worlds!