Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My new kitchen

 This was the old stove and microwave.  The microwave hasn't worked for at least 7 years.  I think it worked for a little bit when we first moved in and then BAM, it just stopped.  It is probably as old as the house, so about 20 years and dirty and ugly.  I could never get it cleaned no matter how hard I tried.  Bye, bye!
 This is my dishwasher.  The front cover had fallen off so many times and after duct taping it back on and it still falling off, I finally gave up.  It worked, but the kids would complain that there was always one cup that got flipped over and all the nasty food would end up in it.  It was LOUD.
 And here's the new stove and microwave.  It's going to take some getting used to to start using the microwave up here instead of the one on the counter.  I'm still keeping that one because my 8 year old can't quite reach this one yet.  Once he gets tall enough, probably next summer, I can get rid of the counter microwave.
And the new dishwasher.  So quiet, I can't even hear if it is on.  There is a little light saying how much time is left and that's pretty much the only way I know it is working.  Every once in a while I will hear the water drain, but even that is really quiet.

After all the trouble getting these things here, I'm so happy with them and wonder why we didn't do this 8 years ago when we first moved in :)

I got them all from Lowe's and they all had to be special ordered because they are black.  It took about 3 weeks of back and forth calls (at least 20) to finally schedule their delivery and installation. So crazy.  But the installers did a great job.  Would I buy from Lowe's again?  Probably not if I had to special order something.  I would buy something they had in stock or just expect it was going to take 3 weeks to get what I wanted.  I'd also only buy one thing at a time because they had the hardest time keeping track of all three of my items. At one time, they were going to deliver a dryer instead of the dishwasher.  Hey, they both start with a d right?

Now, everything is checked off my TO DO list and I'm not motivated to do much of anything else.  I need to call someone to see if they can get the pigeons out of my roof and plug up the hole.  The pest guy said he wouldn't do that yesterday (eventhough pigeons are pests!) but their poop is making my roof leak.  Sorry guys, you are just too messy to share living space with me.  I love having the other birds nest in my roof and hearing the baby birds in the spring.  I used to raise pigeons when I was a kid and had one bird named Charlie that couldn't fly.  He also had babies that died before getting feathers.  There was something genetically wrong with that bird, but I loved him none the less.  So, I don't hate pigeons, I just love them to live out of my roof :)  Maybe if I built them a nice nest box, they would pick that instead of my roof, or maybe they would tell all of their friends about me (like the mice did) and I would have an invasion!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

How nice to have great looking appliances that WORK too. Good luck with the pests!