Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First one

I quilted this one up this morning before taking my little guy to his first day of school.  I can't believe he is already a 3rd grader.  I actually remember a lot about 3rd grade and hope he has as good of memories as I do.

I remember making a carved totem pole out of balsa wood with my best friend Connie Skoczylas.  I loved spelling her last name.  We worked really hard on that project and when we were done, one of us got to take it home.  I'm not sure how I ended up with it, but I still have it.

I also remember during that project wetting my pants.  There was a huge puddle on the floor and my pants were wet.  The teacher asked the whole class who had peed on the chair and under it.  Nobody raised their hand.  How could she not have seen my wet pants?  Really?  I was so embarassed, I think that was the last time I wet my pants :)

I also remember having to sit next to a kid named John the whole year.  He was a talker and trouble maker and I was the goodie-goodie (except for the pants wetting I guess)  When I became a teacher I vowed never to do that to any of my students.  It's my responsibility to discipline students, not other students.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I also remember my third grade and it was 50 years ago for me! My teacher loved to read as much as I did and she read Mary Poppins to us, a chapter a day. She influenced me to become a teacher.
Good luck to your little guy! I hope he gets a teacher that will keep alive his love of learning!