Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quilt day pressure is a good thing





Nothing like having a deadline to light a fire under my behind and get me in the sewing room! My friend Carla had a quilt day today. I couldn't make it because my daughter had a tennis tournament in Modesto. That's a story for another day, but when I asked Carla what she needed from me, she asked if I had any quilts that needed binding. You see, Rhoda, the Binding Beast was coming and would need something to keep her busy :)
She loves to put bindings on quilts. Carla was hoping I would be there today to work on the quilting machine and keep Rhoda busy. Since I couldn't be there in person, I figured I'd better be there in spirit and send quite a few quilts that needed binding.
I only had 3 done as of yesterday and thought I might be able to get another 2 done. Well, my constant companion, mr. migraine tried to stop me, but I managed to get all of these done by this morning at 8 when we had to leave for the tournament!
And I've got a question for you. How do you feel about the "Perfect" fabric? I have had this fabric waiting to be made into a quilt for a while. A long while. It made two backings instead of a quilt top. I felt a little guilty using it as backing fabric instead of the front of a quilt, but it did serve a purpose and got two quilts quilted.
Do you have a problem using up fabric that you think might serve a 'better' purpose? I have a lot of fabric like this saved for the perfect or better quilt. But, I am getting better at just using it when I need to. And only feeling guilty for a little while.




















1 comment:

Barb said...

Just love all of your quilts....that first fabric (purple) is just fabulous.