Sunday, February 27, 2011

A dinner fairy?

http://www.dealstomeals.blogspot.com/

Well, maybe not a real fairy, but this place looks like it could help with meal planning and saving some money. Around my place we have spaghetti at least 3 times a week. My family always knows when I'm not feeling well because spaghetti is my go to meal when I don't feel good. It is quick, easy and a no brainer. In fact, I'm teaching my 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter how to make spaghetti because it is so easy. Brown the ground turkey, cook the pasta, open a can of spaghetti sauce, pick a can of vegetables and dinner is ready.

When my oldest was home for Christmas, she decided that for winter term she wanted to learn to cook. I got her a bunch of cookbooks for Christmas and we started making different recipes out of them. We made all sorts of things and she was surprised that I knew how to follow a recipe and actually cook really good food. Yeah, I can cook, but usually don't. That's pretty sad.

OH, and the migraine won't go away.

If I thought the doctor would actually do something, I would go back, but I'm frustrated that they either don't have anything to try or don't want to try anything else. I see the neurologist on Friday so I'm hoping that he has more options. I'm tired of being in pain. And I don't know what else to do. I just keep taking more and more drugs. I had a friend who used to suffer from migrianes about 15 years ago. They gave her some kind of drug that she used to self medicate. It was on a pump and she just kept pumping and pumping and overdosed and died. I'm afraid to take too much of anything they have prescribed for fear of overdosing. :(

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...I could eat spagetti seven days a week...can I come and live at your home?

Hope your migraine goes away..

Candace said...

Have you tried a chiropractor, I know people who swear by them for migraines.