Saturday, February 19, 2011

Basics Charity Challenge

http://www.caraquilts.com/2011/02/basics-charity-challenge.html

Check out this blog and see what basics your local women's shelter or homeless shelter is in need of and maybe win some prizes. The best prize will be providing for the basic needs of another human being! Take a minute today to help someone else.

Jesus said in John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

I think he was talking about putting aside your own desires and wants for someone else. Taking a minute to stop and buy toilet paper for a stranger isn't on my to do list for the day and will definately put a dent in 'my time' but it laying down my life for another.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

EXACTLY! I;ve often thought that about that verse.