Tuesday, July 12, 2016

stuff comes in, stuff goes out

 The only way I'm going to get ahead in this game of organization is to get rid of more stuff than I bring in.  Yesterday I brought home a whole truck full of yarn, today I took a whole truck full of fabric and craft stuff and donated it to a new shop that opened up downtown called Creative on Main.  They will have classes on everything from yoga to sewing to robotics.  The lady was excited about the first load I brought and wasn't there today for this load.  Let's see how she feels after load 27 :)  Just kidding, but seriously, if there is any hope of getting this house looking presentable, I have to either work through this stuff faster, get some more volunteers to help me, or donate faster.
My goal of three quilts a day isn't quite happening.  I got 2 3/4 done yesterday and so far am on quilt 2 1/3.  Hopefully I will get this one done and at least get the next one on the machine.  I picked really big quilts instead of the smaller ones which means they go a little slower, plus I took a walk this morning, trying to catch some pokemon, playing the new Pokemon Go game.  It's really fun when it is working, which is about 50% of the time.  Hopefully they get the bugs worked out of it and it starts to work better.  It encourages me to walk a little further than I would if I wasn't playing it.  I walked 2 miles today because I needed some more rewards at the Pokestop and had to wait 5 minutes before going back to the same one, so walked around while waiting.  I know, for those of you who don't play, my language is foreign, but it's a fun game that gets you outside and even though you are still staring at your phone and you look stupid, everyone else is doing the same thing, so you all look stupid together, and as you pass someone else, you smile and nod or tell them the latest pokemon you just caught and then laugh because as a grownup, you aren't supposed to know about such childish things.  But any excuse to laugh in a day is a good one, especially with all of the bad things going on in the world today.  We all need a reason to laugh a little more.

No comments: