Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pokemon Go

 Are you playing the new video game?  I have to admit that I don't play video games but I do enjoy this new one that you play on your smart phone.  It is really encouraging me to get out and walk because when you walk, it causes the eggs you find to hatch.  My son and I are playing together so I have no idea how to do most of the things that the game does, like taking over a gym or battling other pokemon, but I do like trying to catch the Pokemon.  I didn't realize you only get so many of the little balls to throw and I was using 30 of them to catch one Pokemon.  You have to walk past a Pokestop to get more balls (encourages walking again) and my son told me we were down to only 5 balls.
Now, every time I go out shopping, I have to make a couple of stops on the way home to pick up more balls.  With all of the crazy things going on in the world, it's nice to have a silly distraction that gets me moving.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

I like the fact that the game encourages people to walk but some are getting out of hand. My DSD#2 walked so far yesterday evening that she was calling people to pick her up. Too dark and far to get back safely!