Thursday, July 9, 2015

He's off

 My dad's in surgery and we are playing the waiting game.  We found the cafe and found something to eat.  A sandwich for my son and a salad and cake for me.
 He's a good sport to let me take pictures of him after they shaved the 3 hairs off his chest.  He's talking to my brother here before they take him off for the procedure.
 What else is there to do while you wait?  It's nice that you can bring your own entertainment.  Luckily there are electrical outlets everywhere in a hospital :)  And also luckily he didn't have to unplug any important medical equipment to get a charge!
 The nurse came in to check out my dad's pacemaker and brought the wrong machine.  He was a little embarrassed when he had to admit that he needed to take back the antenna and find the right machine.  my dad had a good laugh.  Seems everywhere we go they have the wrong thing.  Every restaurant is out of the thing he orders and he has to have something else and this is just the icing on the cake.  At least he has a good sense of humor and can laugh at the situation.  What good does it do to get mad when things go wrong.  It makes for a much better life and you probably live longer when you can just laugh  at life.  Maybe that's why my dad has lived this long.  He certainly has had his share of things to laugh at.
They had the smallest nurse pushing him in his bed up the ramp to the surgery room.  They let my son lower the bed because we were talking about how he wanted to push all the buttons on the bed.  They said he was hired and could be the official button pusher from now on.  He was worried they were going to cut my dad open right there in the hall.  He was ready to get out of there before there was any blood!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope everything went well with your dad's surgery.
Waiting is always hard.