Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oh, no, price of batting increased

I buy 50 yard rolls of this Kodel batting for all of my quilting.  It is 48 inches wide and I can get about 30 quilts out of a roll.  I wait until JoAnn's has a 50% off coupon and then get a couple of rolls.  I pay about $38 each with shipping.

I just checked today because I have a 50% off coupon and the price of batting has increased.  Not by a little, but by a LOT!  It is now $89 regular price instead of $59.

http://www.joann.com/search/_kodel/

Do you think it has anything to do with the price of gas almost being $5 a gallon here in California?

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

The price of gas impacts everything we buy. I am not familiar with Kodel batting, but cotton batting has gotten more expensive and I believe polyester is made using crude oil...so there you go!