Wednesday, October 1, 2008

positive thoughts

Ok, I am going to try to be more positive today.

I am positive that this sickness is not getting better. I thought I had turned a corner and then today I am feeling worse. I can't stand for more than 10 minutes without getting winded and having to sit down. I was starting to think I might have pneumonia. Maybe bronchitis or some other nasty thing that was keeping me from getting oxygen into my body. I haven't had an appetite for a couple of weeks and have lost about 5 pounds these last two weeks. I've lost almost 10 pounds since school started, which most people would say is a good thing, but I keep losing and losing and I'm not trying to. I'm on a migraine medicine which has helped me lose almost 35 pounds since I started it and that isn't even one of the posted side effects of the medicine. I think they should market it as a diet pill because it works so great. But, maybe it is time to look at switching it or at least look at ways to increase my appetite so the weight loss slows down a little.

I'm also positive that my 6th period class is going to send me over the edge. There are some good kids in there, but I just can't remember who they are because of the three kids who are taking up all of my time and energy. Today I sent two of them out and actually had a good day. I just wish they could stay in the classroom and still have a good day with us.

I am also positive that I can't wait for the weekend! I want to quilt again. I want to play with fabric. I want to try some new patterns and get creative, but I come home at the end of the day and just collapse on the couch.

Oh, and my little guy had a good day today. I talked to his teacher this morning and asked how he was doing. She said that he isn't the only one getting lots of time outs. All the kids who are new to the school are getting them because they aren't used to the rules. But he is doing very well with the academics. I let her know that I was unsure because all I ever heard was the bad things he does. I'm hoping the little seed I planted will get her to say more positive things about all of the children.

I'm also hoping to be able to go in his class and make a quilt with the children. She asked me to make a quilt for the upcoming county fair and I've been thinking about making a quilt by having the children draw in squares of muslin. Then, I would sew all of those squares together with some cute print fabric and put a nice backing and have a country quilt that the parents will want to bid on because their child made a square for it. And I will get to be a part of the classroom for a couple of days and get to see what actually goes on in the classroom.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Glad things are better with your son--I think I see a doctor in your near future! Stress is such an energy sucker! Quilt this weekend and settle yourself!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Oh dear--check with your Dr.--you should not be getting winded so easily. I've had pneumonia, and it's not fun. But glad to hear you've had some insight on your son and school.