Today I got all of the squares bordered. I also asked the preschool director who was actually in the class. Turns out there are 21 kids in the class and 7 from the morning class came over to draw squares. I'm going to take the 21 squares and add 3 teacher ones in and make 2 quilts out of that. The morning kids are going to go in another quilt and I plan to send in more squares for the rest of the kids to draw on Monday morning. I am hoping to get both quilts done this weekend so I have time next week to work on the quilts for the morning kids. I'm not too worried about getting those quilts done because that is just a bonus if I can get all of these done by Friday when the silent auction is!
Tomorrow I will post pictures of the squares and my plan for sewing them together. I figure I've put in about 4 hours so far on this project and have another 4 to go. Not bad for 2 quilts.
I also have the binding to put on the patriotic quilt for Girls State next Saturday which should take about an hour once I find some fabric that will match. Seems I have used up all of my patriotic stuff so I will have to look for some blues/reds or maybe even go with some white. I just hope it doesn't take too long to dig through all of the stash to find something that matches well.